Most of you probably don't know that last year around this time, we adopted an adult female rescued mutt named Storme (pronounced Storm but now affectionately called Stormy or, my personal favorite, Stormity). She has been a welcome and much-loved addition to our family. This morning, as per usual, the first thing I did was let her out right away. I let her stay out a few minutes longer than usual because she was sick. When I opened the door, she wasn't anywhere I could see her, and when she didn't come after I called her, I saw that our fence gate was wide open. I panicked and ran down to the cul-de-sac to look for her with no luck. I quickly ran back home to wake up and dress Emily so we could get in the van to drive around and look for her. I wasn't even down to the corner calling her out the window when she appeared by the van. She must've run pretty fast and/or far because it took her 30 minutes for her panting to subside. We're so glad that we didn't lose our Storme!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment