Thursday, July 24, 2008
The Surreal Life
I just lived the most incredible day imagineable. Most of you already know what happened to me, but for those of you who don't, I must introduce you to my TV morning talk show addiction: Live with Regis and Kelly. I adore those two, especially the latter, who is the one that attracted me to watching the show on a regular basis. I watch them religiously, taping the show every day without fail. For the past 6-7 years, I have been entering once a day online to be a trivia caller in which I'd get a crack at answering a question to win a vacation package. Well, those years of relentlessly entering paid off, as I was called around 8:05 a.m. this morning. Yep, I had a conversation with Regis Philbin and Kelly Ripa today. They said my name--correctly! They posted my name and city on the most popular and successful nationally syndicated morning talk show. As if talking with my idols weren't enough, I knew the answer to the question and subsequently won a trip to the La Playa Beach Resort in Naples, Florida! I can't even begin to describe the adrenaline high that has carried me all the way to midnight. I have been on the phone for the majority of the day with relatives and friends who've called to congratulate me. I believe I should also start charging a commission for giving out info on my line of work. That was the topic of discussion with R & K, and I received 3 phone calls and 1 e-mail from people interested in doing standardized test assessment online. I have truly felt like a celebrity today. I believe my 15 minutes of fame have come and gone. Boy, were they sweet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Way to go, Adrianne!!! I have never won anything except a trip to the principal's office when I was a high school teacher and he did not like the practical joke I had played. Now that I think about it, I have recently won a trip to Ewing, NJ. (woohoo) So anyway...you'll be taking your favorite colleague/CSL mentee with you to the resort, right?
Wow! That's awesome! :)
Very Exciting! Congrats :)
Oh, wow!! Congrats!! So, when are you guys going to that splendid resort? And for how long? And what? -- didn't you tell them we're part of your family and we're going WITH YOU?! And who would have thought: so many people interested in standardized testing work???! Has anybody told our raters yet?
Post a Comment